If you work for a nonprofit organization, you’ve likely heard that Giving Tuesday is one of the most important days of the year. In 2020, nonprofits raised $2.47 billion—just in the United States!
Kindful customers raised more than $11.4 million in 2020, which is a 142% increase over the amount raised in 2019.
Exciting, right? This is a huge opportunity to raise money and invite people to get more involved in your mission. But that much pressure can also lend itself to anxiety.
If you’re unsure of where to start when it comes to taking advantage of this giving day, we’ve got good news: We compiled these Giving Tuesday resources to help you prepare for fundraising through the end of the year.
- Campaigns & Ideas
- Communications & Marketing
- Social Media Post Ideas
- Virtual Fundraising
- Thanking Donors
- Managing Your Donors
Giving Tuesday Campaigns & Ideas
There are several ways you can participate in Giving Tuesday. That’s why it’s important to plan ahead, set goals, and brainstorm some Giving Tuesday campaign ideas several weeks or months in advance.
The best campaigns—whether they’re crowdfunding, social media, matching gifts, or something else—will need your whole team to maximize your results. Here are some of our favorite campaign ideas to help you along the way.
- 7 Foundational Steps To Planning Your Best Giving Tuesday
From registering your nonprofit with Giving Tuesday to working with your team to get ready for the big day, this blog post covers 7 steps you should take to make the most of this giving opportunity.
- 4 Giving Tuesday Campaign Ideas For Your Nonprofit
Wondering what kind of campaign would best serve your goals? This post includes four examples of how you can raise funds and why they might work for your nonprofit.
- 5 Strategic Tips For Nonprofits To Prepare For Giving Tuesday
With a day this important, your strategy is everything. As you develop your plan, here are 5 things you shouldn’t miss.
- Kindful + Double The Donation: Giving Tuesday Matching Funds: Strategies for Driving Donations
Gift matching programs are designed to drive support for your organization without even asking your donors for more of their own dollars. Here’s how you can use gift matching in your campaign this year.
- Expand Your Fundraising Portfolio With These 7 Offerings
Giving Tuesday is a good opportunity to consider adding new offerings to your fundraising portfolio. From membership to recognition societies, here are seven ideas to consider—examples included!
- Your Best Peer-To-Peer Fundraising Campaign [eBook]
Peer-to-peer campaigns are one of the most popular Giving Tuesday campaign ideas for nonprofits. You can mobilize your supporters to fundraise and advocate on your behalf; plus it can all be done virtually. Read our guide to get started.
- GivingTuesday.org: Giving Tuesday Campaign Workbook
This step-by-step workbook will help you build a great campaign.
- Classy: Giving Tuesday Webinar Series for Fundraising Success
Our friends at Classy have a webinar series specifically to help you fundraise effectively on Giving Tuesday. Check out what’s coming up and sign up for your favorites!
- Get Fully Funded: How To Plan A Simple Yet Powerful Giving Tuesday Campaign For Your Small Nonprofit
This post will feature everything you need to prepare for Giving Tuesday, especially for small nonprofits. Make sure you read the five things you’ll need before you start your campaign!
- Soapbox Engage: Giving Tuesday Ideas For 2020, 25+ Tips To Maximize Support
In this post, you’ll find some ideas to help your organization generate more donations and plan a campaign with long-lasting benefits.
- Snowball Fundraising: Giving Tuesday Ideas: 9 Fundraisers for 2020 (& Top Tips)
If you’re looking for more Giving Tuesday ideas, this post will give you that and more. Keep reading for planning tips, ideas, and best campaigns to help your strategy.
- Qgiv: [Free Ebook] 2020 #GivingTuesday Ultimate Guide
Qgiv put together a free ebook packed full of helpful resources. You’ll find email, social, and text message templates, email and social promotion calendars, a save-the-date postcard and email template, tips on how to use various types of fundraising, and examples of Giving Tuesday campaigns from nonprofits.
- [On Demand Webinar] GivingTuesday.org: What to Expect for Giving Tuesday 2020: Challenges and Opportunities in Times of Crisis
In the midst of a global pandemic, a worldwide reckoning with systemic injustice, and economic uncertainty, what will Giving Tuesday look like this year? Watch this webinar from the Giving Tuesday Team to see what we know (and what we don’t) about how this year will shape up, why there’s still opportunity in challenging times.
- [Video] GivingTuesday.org: Goal Setting for Giving Tuesday
Watch this video to hear Woodrow Rosenbaum, Giving Tuesday’s Chief Data Officer, share advice for setting your goals for this year.
- [On Demand Webinar] GivingTuesday.org: Giving Tuesday for Procrastinators
Waited til the last minute to start planning your campaign? GivingTuesday.org has last minute tips for having success on Giving Tuesday.
Giving Tuesday Communications & Marketing
You can’t have a successful campaign without communicating with your audience. As you prepare your marketing plan, you’ll need a variety of assets like graphics, images, banners, and messaging. We’ll share the best places to find your assets and the best practices for your press releases, donation pages, website, and more.
- 10 Best Practices For Your Giving Tuesday Website
Squarespace put together a few tips and tricks to ensure that your nonprofit’s site is as stunning and impactful as its goals.
- Our Favorite Giving Tuesday Email Examples for Nonprofit Professionals
Sending emails is a great way to get the word out and reach even more potential donors. Check out these examples that we loved!
- 4 Steps To Telling Your Nonprofit’s Story Through Email
If nothing else, you’ll likely send Giving Tuesday emails to your supporters this year. Make your emails are unique and effective with these email storytelling tips.
- The Power Of Storytelling For Fundraising
The most powerful tool you have to build a connection with prospective donors is storytelling. Learn how you can use storytelling to help you fundraise.
- How Nonprofits Can Get Free Advertising With Google Ad Grants
Did you know Google offers $10,000 to nonprofits every month in free advertising? Learn more how to take advantage of this opportunity and consider using it for your Giving Tuesday advertising.
- 4 Digital Marketing Strategies To Expand Your Donor Base
Digital marketing may sound complicated, but it’s more accessible than you might think. We’ll show you how with these four ways to use digital marketing at your nonprofit.
- GivingTuesday.org: Official Giving Tuesday Logos & Graphics
Looking for Giving Tuesday graphics and images for your website, emails, and social media posts? Here you go!
- GivingTuesday.org: Complete Guide For Nonprofits
The folks at Giving Tuesday put together this comprehensive guide for nonprofits looking for ideas and organizing tactics.
- Classy: 7-Day Marketing Plan for Your Giving Tuesday Campaign
Check out this plan to see what you should do the week before Giving Tuesday and every day leading up to it.
- Classy: Giving Tuesday Save The Date Postcard Template
When you’re communicating with your supporters, direct mail is a good way to get your message in their hands. Save this postcard template for an easy way to remind your supporters of this important day coming up.
Giving Tuesday Social Media Post Ideas
One of the best ways to keep your audience up-to-date with your campaign is with Giving Tuesday social media posts. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more—whether you’re just getting started or polishing up your social media presence, we’ll share the best resources and post ideas to help you communicate about your campaign.
- Facebook: Your Giving Tuesday Checklist
This checklist will help your organization get your Facebook page ready for Giving Tuesday.
- Facebook: How To Fundraise On Your Nonprofit Facebook Page
Learn how you can set up a dedicated fundraising page and unite your supporters around a common fundraising goal.
- Facebook: How To Fundraise Through Instagram
Learn how to use donation stickers and point people to the Donate button in your profile.
- Twitter For Nonprofits: Establish & Grow Your Presence
Use Twitter to promote your campaign and rally supporters to your cause! This blog post explains the basics when it comes to getting started on the platform.
- 5 Nonprofit Social Media Strategies For Organic Growth
Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are all important channels to grow your audience. We’ll share five strategies to guide your planning and how to differentiate each social media platform.
- Nonprofit Fundraising On Facebook: Tips & Examples
Facebook fundraising is one of the hubs for Giving Tuesday campaigns. Here are tips for effective Facebook appeals with nonprofit examples to spark your inspiration.
- Kindful + Venngage: Nonprofit Social Media Posts For Giving Tuesday
Our friends at Venngage shared their expertise on making compelling social media posts for your campaign. Read more for examples of graphics and free downloadable templates.
- GoFundMe Charity: [On Demand Webinar] Your Giving Tuesday Strategy: Social Media that Performs
With insights from our seasoned GoFundMe marketing experts, you will be able to confidently plan your Giving Tuesday content strategy and take advantage of the upcoming giving season.
- Canva: Giving Tuesday Graphic Design Templates
Giving Tuesday and Canva partnered up to give you branded design templates for your promotions!
If you’re like 58% of nonprofits we surveyed, in-person asks and events are two of the most effective fundraising tactics. But due to recent events, they aren’t possible anymore—at least not in the way they were before. That’s why for Giving Tuesday, you’ll need to get creative with online fundraising. From examples to tools, we’ll share what you need to get your virtual fundraising strategy off the ground, including resources for fundraising during COVID-19.
- 6 Ideas For Engaging Your Donors Without Meeting In-Person
If you’ve canceled an event or are trying to find ways to stay on top of your donors’ minds during this time, check out these steps for how to connect with them without meeting in person.
- Upgrade Your Virtual Fundraising Strategy With Peer-To-Peer
In this post, we share how you can use virtual fundraising techniques to execute a peer-to-peer fundraising event.
- [Panel] Turn Your Event Into A Virtual Fundraising Opportunity
If you’ve had to cancel your event plans, you’re not alone. Watch this webinar to hear industry leaders share their insights on how to pivot to a virtual fundraising opportunity.
- Which Online Fundraising Platform Is Best For Your Nonprofit?
If your nonprofit is ramping up your virtual fundraising efforts, you’re going to need the right online fundraising software to succeed. See which online fundraising platform is best for your nonprofit.
- GivingTuesday.org: How To Organize A Virtual Rally Or Event
This toolkit provides some tips and guidance on how you might organize a virtual rally or livestream event to raise awareness.
Thanking Your Donors
In order to keep your Giving Tuesday donors engaged, it’s important to say thank you. We’ll share our favorite ways to let your donors know you appreciate them.
- 6 Ways To Sustain Donor Engagement After Giving Tuesday
Giving Tuesday ends, your work doesn’t. Check out six ways to sustain donor engagement following your campaign.
- 7 Ways To Personalize Your Donor Thank You Letters
Making your communication personal helps your donors feel appreciated and strengthens the connection they feel with your organization. Here are our 7 tips on making your donor thank you letters personal.
- Running An Effective New Year Thank You Campaign
With a New Year thank you campaign, nonprofits can ensure they’re properly thanking their donors while cultivating a long-term commitment to their organization.
- How To Create A Powerful Nonprofit Thank You Video
Creating a nonprofit thank you video is a creative and memorable way to thank your donors.
Managing Your Donors On Giving Tuesday
One of the best ways to maximize your success is to ensure you have a donor management system in place. If you’re still relying on spreadsheets for donation tracking, now’s a good time to consider investing a CRM. Make sure it has the features you need to maximize your Giving Tuesday efforts. From there, you’ll want to make sure you set yourself up for success by preparing your database.
No matter what you’re using to manage your donors, here are some resources to help you stay organized this year:
- 4 Steps To Organizing & Categorizing Your Donors
Organizing your donor database is a critical step in setting the foundation for strong relationships with your donors on Giving Tuesday and beyond. Here are four steps to getting organized.
- 7 Benefits Of A Donor Management Platform
If your organization isn’t using a donor management platform yet, we’ll share seven benefits to consider as the end of the year approaches.
- Use Your Donor Database To Strengthen Relationships
Your donor database isn’t just about data; it’s about relationships. We’ll share how your donor database can provide the insights you need to boost your donor relationships.
- Top 5 Reports To Run In Your Donor Management Platform
One of the benefits of donor management software is the ability to run reports that you can use to target your Giving Tuesday communication. Here are five of the most popular reports you can consider using for this year.
- How To Set Up A Kindful Donation Page
For Kindful customers, setting up your donation page in time for end-of-year fundraising ensures that your donors have a trustworthy and secure way to donate to your fundraising campaigns. Plus with our latest donation page update, it’s even easier to customize the donor giving experience. Here’s a recommended resource from our Help Center to guide you through the process.
- How To Add Kindful’s Donation Plugin To Your Website
For Kindful customers, one of the ways to take online fundraising to the next level is by allowing your customers to give right from your website. This resource from our Help Center guides you through adding the donation plugin just in time for your end-of-year campaigns.
For more Giving Tuesday resources, be sure to check out our Giving Tuesday library of ideas, tips and tricks, and examples from nonprofits just like you!
Schedule a live demo with our team, and we’ll show you how easy it is to create and automate reports, utilize online and offline fundraising tools, quickly integrate and access all your data, and ultimately create more time to engage your donors.