What is Online Fundraising Software?
Online fundraising software is designed to help organizations get the most out of their fundraising efforts. The software streamlines a variety of fundraising strategies to help make donating to your cause easy. Online fundraising software is also referred to as online donation software.
How Can Nonprofits Use Online Fundraising Software?
Depending on the package you choose, you can streamline donation pages, recurring giving options, automated donation receipts, peer-to-peer giving efforts, and more.
It would be inefficient, both in terms of time and energy, for your employees to individually launch several different types of fundraising campaigns, write tailored emails to donors, and send timely donation receipts. Fundraising software manages these tasks behind the scenes, allowing your employees to dedicate their time and energy to other parts of the organization.
Online fundraising software saves you from missing fundraising opportunities and simultaneously helps you build a professional reputation in the donor’s eyes. Tailored campaigns, communications, and follow-through provided through your fundraising software will make the donor’s experience seamless, potentially equating to more dollars earned in the future.
What Features Should I Look For In Online Fundraising Software?
Every nonprofit will have their own specific needs when it comes to their online fundraising tool. It’s important to know what your organization’s needs are so you can effectively evaluate which solution will work best for you. Here are some popular features to consider when evaluating solutions:
- Donation Pages. A landing page where your donors can submit online donations.
- Donation Buttons. Buttons you can include on your website to send donors to your donation page.
- Event Ticketing & Registration. The ability to create in-person or virtual events that your supporters can register and collect tickets for.
- Recurring Giving. The ability for your donors to set up regular donations.
- Peer-To-Peer. The ability to launch campaigns where your supporters fundraise on your organization’s behalf.
- Crowdfunding. The ability to allow your supporters to launch their own fundraising campaigns on your organization’s behalf.
- Wealth Screening. A tool that gives you insights into the giving capacity of your contacts and donors.
- Pledges. The ability to track your donors’ pledges to give to your organization.
- Text-To-Give. The ability to collect donations by text.
- Payment Processing. The ability to process and collect online donations by credit card.
- Donor Accounts. A feature that allows donors to view their giving history, recurring donations, tax receipts, event registrations, and more.
- Auctions. The ability to organize an online or in-person auction.
- Integrations. The ability to connect other tools to your software so you have a seamless online fundraising ecosystem.
- Reporting & Analytics. The ability to see actionable insights on all your online fundraising data.
If you’re looking for online fundraising solutions, we recommend checking out the best online fundraising platforms with our favorite features, a pricing breakdown, and more.
Leave the behind-the-scenes fundraising processes to online fundraising software platforms while still providing donors with a personalized experience from first contact to donation receipt and thank you email.