Giving is on the Rise!
Want to hear some good news? According to Giving USA: The Annual Report on Philanthropy for 2013 charitable giving is on the rise!
Based on the report total charitable giving in the United Staes rose 4.4% to $335.17 billion in 2013. Among those contributions individuals made up the majority of the gifts with $240.60 billion an increase of 4.2% from 2012! “We are seeing clear gains in the total amount given by individuals in the last couple of years,” said Gregg Carlson, Chair of the Giving USA Foundation. “Of special interest is the rise in contributions by individuals between 2011 and 2013 – it represents 73% growth in total giving during that time frame.”
So how do you make sure your organization is a part of this rising trend? The number one answer is something all organization face year after year, donor retention. Here are 5 strategies to keep your donors engaged and your donations on growing!
- Acknowledge every gift no matter the size. This is your opportunity to make the donor feel good about the gift he or she made so he or she will give again and again!
- Give your donors options on how they can help that isn’t monetary. Some donors prefer giving their time which is just as valuable.
- Make your appeals appealing. Use an upbeat and positive tone, clearly state your need and how it can be met.
- Listen to your donors. Send out surveys and ask their opinion on issues that affect your organization.
- Show you care! Keep in touch with your donors on a regular basis letting them know the great work you’ve accomplished because of their generosity.
To sum it up in a Kindful way, remember your donors want to feel appreciated so Do Good, Be Kindful!
Schedule a live demo with our team, and we’ll show you how easy it is to create and automate reports, utilize online and offline fundraising tools, quickly integrate and access all your data, and ultimately create more time to engage your donors.