At the end of 2019, we surveyed 2,502 nonprofit professionals to find out how confident they felt about their ability to raise more money in 2020 than they did in 2019.
Were they confident? Were they concerned? Did those feelings change based on variables like industry, annual operating budget, or number of employees?
We compiled the answers to those questions and more in the 2020 Fundraising Confidence Report, which you can download for free today.
Here are just a few of the takeaways from the report:
- Most nonprofits raise the majority of their funds from individual donors.
- Of all the tactics included in their fundraising plans, nonprofit professionals shared that they most often rely on making email asks.
- Most organizations plan to invest primarily in their websites and in their social media in 2020
In addition to compiling our research into this report, we also included some recommendations for what to do after you’ve read it.
Those recommendations include:
- Ask your staff how confident they feel that your organization will raise more money in 2020. If your team members are sitting at different confidence levels, figure out how to get everyone on the same page.
- Evaluate how you received the majority of your revenue last year and which fundraising tactics were the most effective for raising those funds. Then take a look at where you’re planning to invest your funds in 2020. Are there any adjustments you want to make?
- If you’re not using a nonprofit CRM or donor management software, look at your goals and budget and determine if you want to invest in one. Remember: Your nonprofit CRM should help you spend less time managing data and more time building relationships with donors.
We hope the insights from this report inspire and encourage you as you work on your 2020 fundraising strategy. To learn more, download the free 2020 Fundraising Confidence Report.
Schedule a live demo with our team, and we’ll show you how easy it is to create and automate reports, utilize online and offline fundraising tools, quickly integrate and access all your data, and ultimately create more time to engage your donors.