Kindful was founded with a simple idea in mind: it should be easier for nonprofits to manage their donors. Kindful offers a beautifully designed, intuitive, fully integrated online fundraising CRM.
Kindful is growing! Join our team of talented individuals passionately building relationships with our partners, customers, and within our team to make a real difference. The nonprofit market deserves a beautiful, fully-integrated online fundraising CRM.
Kindful is located in Nashville, Tennessee.
The Product Manager leads a small cross-functional team responsible for a key subset of Kindful’s product offering. You will be the steward of the product, creating and delivering upon your product roadmap. As a manager of a cross-functional team, communication and collaboration with other teams will be critical to our collective success. If you are a product leader who is equally passionate about your team and your customers, we’re looking for you. Kindful is a place where you can make as big of an impact as you’d like, all while feeling great that your work helps thousands of nonprofits achieve their missions every day.
What a typical day looks like:
We employ an agile-flavored software development process at Kindful. We currently use Jira, Google for Business products, Figma, and Slack. The work environment in the Kindful offices is collaborative, communicative, challenging, yet supportive. We leverage each other’s diverse perspectives and experiences for success.
Thinking strategically, crafting a vision, and being innovative are important to product managers, however, the largest portion of this role is execution. You should be prepared to actively contribute to the work product of your team. At times, that could mean writing stories, user documentation, and performing manual testing.
As a Product Manager, your specific responsibilities are:
- Performing market research and competitive analysis
- Evangelism, socializing, building alignment & sharing a vision
- Creating a product roadmap: soliciting & incorporating feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- Writing software requirements, user stories
- Crafting an approach to product development initiatives
- Creating a schedule, tracking work progress and resource needs, incorporating PTO requests, reporting progress and impediments.
- Provide guidance & feedback to UI/UX designers as they develop mockups, illustrations & clickable prototypes.
- Collaboration & Communication: You’ll be working closely with product analysts, developers, quality assurance and other key stakeholders throughout the software development process. We believe that the key to an effective team is communication. You’ll be spending much of your time communicating in person and in writing to ensure everyone is participating, informed and aligned.
- Ensuring quality: At Kindful, quality is everyone’s job. Consider yourself ultimately responsible for the quality of the software that your team delivers.
- In collaboration with other key stakeholders, heavily influence and participate in an initiative to improve our systems for collection & utilization of user data in the product development process.
As an experienced software professional, if you also have a strong inclination to coach, mentor and develop team members, that could be an aspect of your role as well.
Skills and Experience
- The ability to think critically, creatively, and logically
- The ability to see and pay attention to small details
- Demonstrated empathy, curiosity, patience, determination, and focus
- Excellent communication skills, orally and in a written medium
- Strong interpersonal skills: you develop trusting relationships with colleagues across all areas of the business, employing diplomacy
- The ability to influence others, creating alignment and buy-in
- A strong ability to prioritize and balance multiple competing initiatives
- An inclination to drive your own success; you are a self-starter who takes pride in your work and has a growth mindset
- A strong technical background
- Experience providing excellent customer/client service
- Experience refining or implementing new processes
- The ability to create assets like business requirements, user stories, use cases, acceptance criteria, wireframes, clickable prototypes, user documentation, and any other assets required to successfully build quality software
- Direct experience working for a nonprofit is a bonus
We are looking for candidates with many years of relevant experience (10+ years) and several years of product management experience (5+), as well as experience leading and directing the work of other team members.
Due to the nature of Kindful, being a growth-stage startup, teams and processes are constantly evolving. To be successful at Kindful, every team member should take pride in their work, be self-driven, and comfortable with a changing environment.
This is a full-time, on-site position in Nashville, Tennessee. Local candidates preferred; currently not offering relocation assistance. The applicant must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Kindful is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.Apply Now